CLASSIC ELEGANT MONTREAL HOME 95% RENOVATED
4224 Av. de Melrose H4A2S4
CLASSIC ELEGANT MONTREAL HOME 95% RENOVATED! 4 Bdrms/2 Bth, large windows w/abundant natural light, main floor w/ 10.5 ft ceilings. New state of the art garage, heavy duty industrial construction, garage accessible 365 days per year w/rooftop terrace beautifully blended into a residential setting which adds charm, character & value to this home.
Get the best of all worlds!
Great location:Montreal-NDG steps to Monkland Village's shops, services & restaurants, parks & numerous schools including Royal Vale, Villa Maria & world famous Lower Canada College. Melrose is one of the most sought after streets in NDG. Extremely pleasant neighborhood to walk in.
Proximity to excellent transportation: Public buses on Monkland, Villa Maria metro about a 10 minute walk; bike paths; Décarie autoroute.
A Fortress: solidly built house w/ many features/95% renovated, including:
* Property has been professionally renovated w/ structural engineering drawings, all foundation works related to the rear of the property, concrete balcony, cold room & garage have been built by HENEAULT & GOSSELIN.
* Restored interior doors & woodwork
* Original floors have been sanded, tinted & varnished
* New front & rear entrance doors
* Kitchen with solid oak wood cabinets, new ceramic floor & LED lighting
* Windows on the second floor are of superior quality(GP-2)
* All the exterior walls have been redone w/ new insulation & drywall
*Electrical wires throughout house have been completely replaced incl. a new Siemens 200 Amp metal box.
* Hot & cold water pipes replaced w/ high quality copper piping
* 2,000 BTU Norwegian Jotul brand wood burning stove in the Dining Room for emergency preparedness
* Renovated basement w/large playroom, LED lighting & full bathroom. 2 steel I-beams installed by BISSON have been added to the basement w/ concrete reinforcement to solidify the house's structure & prevent structural movements
* Roof w/ new Velux skylight & new dark brown aluminum flashing
* Front ground floor balcony & stairs built w/ a heavily reinforced poured concrete structure.
* 2nd floor balconies completely made from galvanized steel solidly anchored within the 2nd floor structure. Rear one w/ 5" thick poured concrete
* 9 ft deep poured concrete balcony off the kitchen on heavily reinforced steel structure
* French drains along front & rear of the property
* Front brick wall professionally re-pointed
* Entire rear wall w/ new bricks & insulation
* All window sills have been replaced
* The garage is a separate building accessible year round, built with a deep concrete foundation. Roof terrace was built w/ steel beams, corrugated galvanized metal pan & 5" thick poured concrete & steel mesh. Special roof membrane for impermeability. Features a new dark brown Garaga brand door & Lift Master electric door opener. NB Underground electrical & Bell wires in conduit from the house to the garage structure
* Front and rear yards with gardens, mature trees & concrete pavers
First time on the market since 1978!
Buyer to confirm the conformance of the wood burning stove & stainless chimney pipe to regulations and insurance requirements.
Building inspector to be mutually agreed to.
|Living room||12.7x16.0 P||Ground floor|
|Dining room||12.7x14.3 P||Ground floor|
|Kitchen||10.9x14.1 P||Ground floor|
|Master bedroom||11.8x14.3 P||2nd storey|
|Bedroom||11.7x13.1 P||2nd storey|
|Bedroom||11.1x12.3 P||2nd storey||With balcony|
|Bedroom||8.8x11.9 P||2nd storey||With balcony|
|Bathroom||6.1x8.0 P||2nd storey|
|Playroom||16.9x32.1 P||Basement||Ceiling height +/- 6'-8''|
Assessment & Taxes